Perma-Seal Heat Shrink & Crimp Step-Down Butt Connectors
Molex's Perma-Seal waterproof adhesive step-down butt connectors provide long-lasting, moisture-proof connections that withstand many corrosive fluids such as saltwater, hydraulic fluids and gasoline. The inner wall of the heat-shrinkable Perma-Seal NiAc sleeve is lined with a special hot-melt adhesive that is inert at room temperature. As the sleeve is heated, the adhesive melts and flows, filling any existing voids and creating a seal from the environment. To install, simply crimp onto the wire and heat with a heat gun or torch to shrink and seal. The NiAc insulation shrinks at a lower temperature (90°C) and up to 40% faster than polyolefin or nylon, saving installation costs and reducing the potential for wire insulation damage. The durable sleeve of Perma-Seal step-down butt splices resists abrasion and cutting, maintaining the insulation and sealing properties even in the most hostile environments. The step down design of each connector allows the ability to connect two different gauge sized wires, while the insulation completely seals the terminal connection.
- NiAc insulation shrinks 40% faster than nylon or polyolefin tubing.
- Shrinks at a low temperature of 90°C (194°F).
- Lined with hot melt adhesive.
- See-through insulation allows for easy visual inspection.
- Thicker insulation resists abrasion and cutting.
- Funnel entry opening accommodates thick as well as thin wire insulation.
- Insulation shrinks to less than half its original diameter.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
|In Stock||Add to Cart|
|922229||Molex 19164-0077, Perma-Seal™ Heat Shrink & Crimp Step-Down Butt Connector, 16-14/12-10 Ga (SCB-646) (10 MIN)||
|921119||Molex 19164-0043, Perma-Seal™ Heat Shrink & Crimp Step-Down Butt Connector, 22-18 /16-14 Ga (SBA-631) (10 MIN)||